Review of Brittne Babe Fitness 21 Day Challenge

  Volume 9 with Results




 
 

 I've made a promise to myself that 2019 would be the year I would challenge my body in new ways. I work as Registered Dietitian which tells you that I love food so much I had to get a degree it in. I am in no way, shape, or form a perfect eater or exerciser. I’ve always preferred working out at home using workout DVDs by Chalene Johnson, Billy Blanks, and the Firm. These days, gyms are much for affordable at $10 per month (so I don’t have any financial excuses), but do I really want to DRIVE to one? No! I spend enough time in my car already. Gyms leave me clueless on what to do with all that intimidating equipment and personal trainers are too expensive. I’m a mom, so the best time for me to workout is during naptime or after the little one goes to sleep.  Have you tried working out while caring for your toddler? It doesn’t work honey! I admire all you dedicated mom’s out there making sacrifices in order to get your workout in whenever you can despite how exhausted you are.

 
I’ve been working out a few days a week since middle of February which was going ok. Then April hit and brought with it multiple birthday celebrations peaking my sugar intake while my workout routines waned until nonexistent. Yes, I am a Dietitian and even so, I love sugar too y’all.

 
Following fitness women on Instagram helped to inspire me. Their commitment, dedication, will-power, and self-discipline were captured in every video and photo. The sisters especially encouraged me the most because I could identify with them and envision myself reaching the same goals. This trail led me to Brittne Babe Fitness. Isn’t her body striking? I’ve never been so impressed by how lean someone is. I think when your skin is patterned after Dove chocolate (smooth, dark, and rich) it makes you look ten times better! Because of her, I want to work and explore the extent to which I can transform my body and mind. Before the end of the year, I WILL rock a fitted workout crop top like Brittne does!





Affordability: At only $20, I was able to purchase Volume 9 and I have forever access to the 21 days worth of workouts, Facebook support group, and the nutrition book. There’s also a few other things I did not use which were the journal and contest entry. I wanted to do the contest entry but I wasn’t comfortable having someone take my before photo!


 
Timely: I avoid workouts that last longer than 1 hour. There’s very little time between working and parenting. Brittne’s workouts are never more than 40 minutes. She also has a 21-minute HIIT that I’ll touch on in a bit.

 
Exercises: The exercise modifications make her videos pretty easy to follow. I do recall feeling like I needed a bit more direction with some of the moves but I think you can master it with focus, time, and repetition. Every single workout engages your muscles in some way, especially your core. If things start getting too easy, all you have to do is increase your weight. Even after just 21 day, I noticed muscle tone and fat loss in my arms. My glutes are more lifted. I remember the very first time I did her workouts, I felt like I didn’t even need the 15 second rests in between. But that was when I was a fool.

 
HIIT workouts: HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training and evidence states that these workouts are extremely effective and beneficial. These exercises require a lot of energy in a short period of time with rests in between. It's hard work, however, I feel like these are the types of workouts that get me the results I want, and quickly!

 
Nutrition Book:   “Diet and exercise is not a punishment, it is a way of life.”- Brittne
I’m often talking to my clients about making sustainable changes to the lifestyle as opposed to random, cleanses, detoxes, and fad diets. Brittne emphasizes healthy lifestyle changes over yo-yo dieting (full disclosure: I did not stick 100% to the meal plan).

 
  • The meal plans included a nice variety and did not cut out whole food groups like some programs do.
  • Protein was a part of many of the meal plan snacks which is important for satiety and slow the rise in blood sugars.
  •  I didn’t see any indian gooseberries or chaga mushrooms in the meal plan. Common, familiar, and  affordable foods were included in the meal plan which helps with success.
  •  I felt the meal plan was realistic and the nutrition book gave great tips on not just WHAT to eat that’s healthy but HOW to eat it with grocery and meal prep tips.
  •  I thought it was odd that some snacks recommended either 10-15 unsalted nuts or 5 tablespoons (which would be weird to measure).
  •  If I were to make a change to the nutrition book it would be to run a nutrient analysis on all 21 days of meals to see the total amount of calories, carbs, fats, and proteins are consumed each day for reference. Brittne, if you’re reading this you are welcome to hire me to do this :-).

 
Presentation: I remember my mom telling me she lost 60lbs doing Gilad tapes after she had me. She recommended I give it a try. The nostalgia of inserting a VHS tape was cool but I couldn’t stand watching it. The quality was horrible so I never did it again.

  •  Brittne’s videos are clear, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. I am not sure if that’s her house that she shoots her videos in, but the sterile white environment really helps me to just focus on her. She typically wears a cute, boldly colored workout outfit. This may be unimportant for some but I feel the presentation helps to keep me engaged




My Results


 
I lost 5lbs, 1 inch from my waist, and 1 inch from my love handles. I also lost 1/2 inch from my hips. I am happy with these results after just 3 weeks.

 
I am restarting the challenge on 5/20/2019 and will keep tracking my progress.
I hope this review encourages someone to try her program!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breastfeeding Must Haves

My Natural Birth Story